Monday, April 18, 2011

The Truth About Forever, pg. 1-30

I've read this book before. In middle school sometime. I picked it up and decided to start reading again. I forgot how much I liked it. I feel like I'm reading it for the first time. Sarah Dessen has this way of really tying you into her books. It's hard to stop reading them. Anyways, I'll get on with the review now. The main character is Macy Queen and the book starts with her saying goodbye to her boyfriend, Jason. Jason is going to "Brain Camp"... Maybe that sounds fun to someone else, but not to me. I'd rather not go to a camp that required me to do school-related activities in the summer. However, Jason is Mr. Perfect so this camp is what he wants to do. Macy met Jason in english class when they were put into a group to do an assignment over Macbeth. I read that book. I actually enjoyed it (and understood it). Macy didn't understand it, which is how she got to know Jason. So now, Jason is going off to "Brain Camp" and Macy is alone, again. Macy's dad died, and she witnessed it. She was devastated because of it, it affected her more than it did her sister. It was her sister though, that was overly emotional about it. Her sister, Caroline got all the attention. Somehow Macy felt like it'd be overrated if she were to cry, so she kept to herself after her father's death. Macy talks about The Face. The Face is the face she gets that says"oh my goodness, you poor thing". Another thing Macy mentions is that her family still gets things from EZ Products in the mail. Her dad was obsessed with little gadgets that help simplify your life. Macy enjoys getting EZ Products in the mail because she feels like her dad's trying to send her a message. She keeps everything from EZ Products in her closet so she can remember her dad. Macy's mom, Deborah Queen of Queen Homes, is a real estate agent and she was holding an open house. Macy was put in charge of the catering. Well, making sure the catering was being done as planned. Macy mentions her new job at the library. It was Jason's, but she's taking over for him while he's away at "Brain Camp". Anyways, while she's assigned to check on the catering, Macy goes outside. That's when the fun starts. She meets Bert and Wes. They're a part of the cartering business that's catering the Queen's model open house. Macy also meets Monica, Delia, and little Lucy. Somehow, Macy gets caught up in helping them cater at her own mother's open house. That's pretty much the start of the entire novel in a small nutshell. I'll be back later with more. Until next time, GLG.

No comments:

Post a Comment