Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What's in your future?

There was an article in the New York Times Magazine website that asked seniors in high school where they'd find themselves ten years from now. Most unrealistic: Some of the people, I must say, have dreams that aren't too realistic. For instance, the girl named Shauna Casale who wants to be an actress. Personally, I think anyone can read a monologue and sound ok. Better than she did anyway. The monologue was average. A tad monotone (wink, wink) in my mind. That was probably the most unrealistic future I saw from the entire article. Funniest: Andrew Benedict-Philipp was the funniest one I listened to! He's currently undecided (which probably isn't a good thing... considering he's a senior in high school and all). His interview was short and sweet and left me with a little giggle. The second funniest definitely had to be Salome Zakora with Jeremy Land not too far behind. Salome, the marijuana baker, and Jeremy, the E.M.T., would be good friends I think. They'd get along just fine. The Most "Say WHAT?!": Raquel Reynolds... She's apparently insecure about herself. Not sure how that could be possible, considering she's very pretty. Raquel is my middle name! Anyways, Raquel said she wants to be a hair/makeup artist for photo shoots and different productions. My teacher even joked about how she looks like she's already taking up the occupation of being a stylist. What I see in my future, ten years from now: Well, I'd like to be a teacher. That's my biggest goal for 10 years from now. A family would be nice, but I guess I could live with being a single elemtary school teacher for awhile. I'm hoping I'll be able to get a job... My biggest worry is having to be jobless for a long time. I'm sure my parents would support me, but it'd be reassuring knowing I'd be able to live on my own without aid from my parents. Until next time, GLG.

No comments:

Post a Comment