Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Dart League King, pg. 1-28

I got the book last night while I was at Barnes & Noble with my friend. My brother was in a movie with his girlfriend so I hung out with my friend for awhile and then we decided to wait for my brother in the bookstore. Earlier yesterday (right after work), I went to the library and looked for The Dart League King and The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I was unsuccessful in finding either, so when my friend and I found The Dart League King, I had to buy it! I started reading it this morning before breakfast and I (of course) got in trouble for "sleeping in" when I was actually reading. Anyways, I've read a few pages and I wanted to blog now so I can blog later today after I've read in my fort made of blankets. My mom won't let me play outside so a snow fort is out of the question. Here's my reading blog now:
I read the, uhh, first chapter. It's called Dark Night in Garnet Lake, Idaho. The main character is Russell and he's the best dart thrower on his team and his biggest rival is Brice. Brice used to be a professional dart thrower, but Russell believes he has the chance to beat him. Before Russell can throw well, he has to do this thing where he "stabilizes his equilibrium". Simply meaning, he has to snort some coke and drink some beer. This is Russell's last tournament. Both he and Brice are undefeated, so you can imagine the tension. Russell gets nervous though. He never gets nervous. It doesn't help that he's thinking of Kelly Ashton  and Vince Thompson. The first chapter ended with Russell barely winning a round of cricket.
I've just finished making/helping to make a snow fort and a blanket fort. I'll get pictures up real soon, I forgot to press publish post for this post. Oops, but I'll get the pictures up as soon as I can!
Until next time, GLG.

No comments:

Post a Comment