Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Teenage driving

I read an article today on the effect of having friends in the same car as teenagers when they're driving and how it affects them as opposed to them driving alone. It was interesting, and it seems logical. The article stated that teens drive more safely when they're alone. However, when friends are in the car with them, they make poor, risky decisions. Groups of teens and young adults were experimented on, in this study. First, they'd play a virtual racing game by themselves. This type of racing game is not like the kind of racing games in arcades. This type of racing game doesn't really sound fun. There are stoplights... How could that be fun? Anyways, the studies proved that teens are safer drivers when nobody's with them or watching them. I thought it made sense, and it makes me wonder if I do that. I sure hope not.
Until next time, GLG.

1 comment:

  1. I must have read the wrong article! I agree with you completely, but the article I read about was about teen driving while texting /: whoops.

    ReplyDelete