Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Dart League King, pg. 139-182

Where We Put Our Socks and Shoes: Kelly Ashton knew one thing was for sure, and that was that something was going to happen. She pretty much gave up on Tristan. Now onto Choice B (Russell Harmon). Kelly took Russell out to his truck. In the truck, simply put, they enjoyed each others' company (a lot) on a mattress he conveniently had in the bed of his truck. After their little rendezvous, Kelly finally had the nerve to tell Russell that he's the father of her baby girl, Hayley. I actually don't know why I call her a baby, she's a toddler now. Prior to their rendezvous in the bed of Russell's truck, Kelly demanded Russell to tell her a story. She wanted the story to be of them, happy, in a home. He ended up winning her with a different story. A short story. It was: "We would live in the little house and we would all be happy and I would never leave". This story was so significant to both Russell and Kelly because both of their fathers didn't stay. Now, onto the next section.
A Fu*king Perfect Opportunity: Ahh, Vince Thompson. He's hurt, he's desperate, he's lonely. Vince was in the bathroom when the lights went out. I found it funny how he reacted. He said he was like floating in nothing, he couldn't see anything his eyes looked at. Then, he decided this would be the perfect opportunity to get Russell out of this bar and out of this world. At the end of this section, Vince thinks to himself and says: "Well, well. Would you look at what the cat dragged in." And he smiled! I'm not sure what that was about, but I'm anxious now.

The Music of the Spheres: Tristan Mackey was still think, of course. He thinks a lot. To himself, never out loud. He can't think out loud because it's hard for him to talk. Anyways, there's not a lot going on in this section, Tristan just talks about music and how Liza Hatter's death had to do with music. He tied in the languages of music and the languages needed for telling Liza's story together. Interesting, I thought.
Whirlpools and Sea Monsters: Brice Habersham tells all about his life in this section. How he met his wife, Helen, is in this section. I'm not sure that's the kind of relationship I want with a spouse, but it seems to be working for them. Another thing he mentioned was a memory he had about when he still live in his hometown (in Indiana! woo!). Sounded pretty embarrassing. I mean, I wouldn't want to be caught smelling someone else's underwear and then have that someone see you and scream for everyone to hear. Of course, I'd probably stay far away from underwear that's not my own, but obviously Brice thought otherwise. Anyways, it devastated him but got him motivated to do well in school so he could afford to leave his Indiana home and move onto "bigger, better" things. Kind if like what I'm about to do. Just kidding, I enjoy blogging. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment